Sunday, January 16, 2011

Goa and monastery


I made it safely to Goa to begin the last part of my trip, southern India. Goa is mostly beach and jungle, and mellow and laid back--a far cry from many of the cities I visited in the North!

Here are a few pics I took today. As you can see, the cows are welcome to sunbathe and the dogs are fat and happy! The architecture is heavily inspired by Portuguese style, because the Portuguese ruled in Goa for two centuries. It's a lovely place.

In the third photo down, those are all eagles--amazing! After Goa I will visit Hampi, which is close, and possibly Kerala before I return home.


Below are pics I took while visiting a monastary in Pokhara, Nepal. Another first for me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beq said...

Wow!
Loved the monastery photos!
That must have been so amazing...

8:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy and drink in this last part of your adventure.
And pass it on to all of us please...
bo

8:21 PM

 
Blogger Laura said...

Yes, Beq it was really a highlight of the whole trip!

9:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
...