Saturday, January 01, 2011

India!

Slept the entire plane trip and made it to New Delhi hotel by 2am, only to have to make a 6am train to Jaipur, where we will spend two days before continuing by train to Agra, home of the Taj Mahal. Then we will continue by train, stopping along the way in places like Orcha and Varanasi on the way to Kathmandu, Nepal. I do not expect to have internet much but I am safe and sound and can't stop taking pics of this new incredibly different world and I haven't even seen it in the daylight yet!

I'm doing half the trip alone but started with a group. The group is only 14 total and everyone is incredibly down to earth and great, ranging in age from 24 to 60-something. It's nice to start with a group as I get my bearings for sure. There's only one other American, a woman from North Carolina, who works in non profit. Everyone else is from Great Britain, New Zealand and Canada, along with other places in Europe and Scandinavia, which is awesome.

After Nepal, I will travel back to India and head south on my own, hoping to at least see Goa, Hampi and Kerala before heading home Jan. 25th. It's a lot to squeeze in but I want to see as much as I can, within reason!

I don't expect to post much at all until I get back, or even have much email, but all is well!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
...