Thursday, January 04, 2007

farthest north truckstop



If you want to eat in Coldfoot, this is the only place to do it. And there isn't another place for hours in each direction. There is one rule however: see that table with the guys in the cafe? This is the Truckers Table and it's for truckers ONLY. It doesn't matter what time of day or night, it's always reserved for the guys who drive the treacherous Dalton Highway back and forth from Prudhoe Bay to Fairbanks. The bathroom is back there, too, and its a little intimidating to walk by that table but the guys are nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger FishTaxi said...

I've been there. Its also where the farthest north bar is!

Your not kidding about adventures in Ak, girl. You GO!

7:30 PM

 
Blogger laura said...

Thanks! I'm gonna check out your blog, too! I love Valdez! I never did hit the bar, I think it's pretty much closed during the winter!

8:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
...